ESPHome Panasonic Climate WiFi interface

Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Stefano
Stefano
6 months ago

Can this also work to replace the CZ-TACG1?
Thanks!

Anders
Anders
Reply to  michel
6 months ago

I believe it will also work for CZ-TACG1. Dominik’s repo also supports it, the correct wiring to the AC connector needs to to arranged of course. Michel what’s the status on stock and new batches? ๐Ÿ™‚

Niklas
Niklas
6 months ago

I need this in my life!
Will you be making more of these in the future?

Doc
Doc
3 months ago

Hi,
is it possible to send:receive commands via MQTT?

Jo De Wรฉe
Jo De Wรฉe
1 month ago

Werkt deze ook voor saunier duval/bulex ? deze hebben gelijkaardige wifi interface

Stefano
Stefano
15 days ago

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what if your Panasonic AC unit has both the DNSK-P11 Wifi Module installed AND the CN-CNT connector on the PCB ? I see this in the HZ35XKE and the NZ35VKE units I’m currently looking at. Heck they also have the CN-WLAN connector … I think I’d be looking for Option 5 (or possible Option 3 even if it doesn’t make so much sense :D). Is there a space BOTH for the DNSK-P11 and your ESPHome module inside of the above mentioned AC units ? Thanks :).

Stefano
Stefano
Reply to  michel
14 days ago

Thank you for your reply, Michel. Therefore, in this case, what option would you reccomend ๐Ÿ™‚ ?

Stefano
Stefano
Reply to  michel
14 days ago

Perfect, thanks. Yes, I was of course looking to buy the enclosure as well :). Hope that helps support your project ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ruud
Ruud
12 days ago

I have a Panasonic TZ series: https://www.logicool-ac.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CS-TZ-WKEW-Service-Manual.pdf
The Wifi is built in, and it has the reference ACXA73-28520 and connected to CN-WLAN.

I do see in the PDF it has a CN-CNT port. However I have no clue if this is compatible, and if I should remove the existing wifi module?

Ruud
Ruud
Reply to  michel
12 days ago

Found input from a Z series, similar idea: https://github.com/DomiStyle/esphome-panasonic-ac/issues/32

So indeed seems to work both ways. I guess for a drop-in replacement/addon option 5 is the easiest, correct? Just plug it in and run ESPHome to install.

Ruud
Ruud
Reply to  Ruud
12 days ago

Forgot to check the readme: https://github.com/DomiStyle/esphome-panasonic-ac
So indeed, I’m confident it will work. If you can confirm that option 5 is the easiest I will follow up on email for an order ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks!

kukacwap
kukacwap
12 days ago

I have 6 Panasonic Fancoil PAW-FC2A-K009IR. I removed the cover to inspect the connectors, and only found two 4 pin connectors which are referred to as CN-Module and also 5 pins without connector in the middle just referred to as CN14. any idea if this would work with it?

kukacwap
kukacwap
Reply to  kukacwap
12 days ago

One thing I see the module is 5V and this shows 12V on the module connector.

sniker
sniker
10 days ago

Hi Michel,

just recieved my modules and heve one installed but it does not generate the correct hotspot (pana-climate Hotspot in stead of esp32-airc-xx) and teh above mentioned password does not work.

did you change the default config? and if so what is the new password?

sniker
sniker
Reply to  michel
10 days ago

tnx that worked indeed.

now i need to deal with home assistant giving me head ache, it will only detect entities from the most recently added device… ๐Ÿ™ so they work when added but once i add a 2nd and 3rd the first ones stop working.

ow well, somethign for tomorrow to figure out.

Ruud
Ruud
8 days ago

It installed well for two devices. The wifi name and password mentioned in the text are incorrect, you can get them from the .yaml file as mentioned in the comment above.
Plugging in (version 5) was very very easy. I now have them running in HA.
– First add them using USB and install your variant of the software.

I now only need to figure out the swing modes, they are not in line with my panasonic module, but that is software I guess.

Stefano
Stefano
4 days ago

The post just to confirm the quality of the product and how it works.
Installed about 1 week ago and so far I have used 2 modules without any problems, very easy installation and setup.
Any command is received practically instantly and without any problems.

Great job!

Translate ยป
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x